Pat graduated from Monash University with a Bachelor of Physiotherapy (Honours) and holds an ASCA level 1 Strength & Conditioning qualification. Pat enjoys treating a wide range of injuries and in particular shoulder and lower limb soft tissue conditions.
Pat has spent multiple years gaining experience as a physiotherapist in Gippsland in regional Victoria, including being the head physiotherapist at Woodside FNC. He also spent time as a sports trainer at Oakleigh Cannons FC (NPL).
Pat utilises an active-based approach to rehabilitation, stemming from his personal interest and experience in football, gym and long-distance running. He aims to use his skillset to not only manage acute pain but also teach strategies for self-management of injuries in the longer-term.
Pat enjoys using exercise and movement to empower people to overcome their injuries and get back to their chosen endeavours. As well as treating sporting injuries, Pat equally likes to assist people with common everyday issues such as back or neck pain. Pat believes you should walk out of a physiotherapy appointment feeling as if you have a solid understanding of the contributing factors to your injury as well as a plan to address them.
Best things about my job:
- Helping people overcome setbacks to get back to doing what they love.
- Working with like-minded people in a positive team environment.
- Empowering people to regain confidence in their ability to move their bodies and have the self-confidence and skills to manage their pain/injuries.
Where you’ll find me on a Sunday:
- At the MCG.
- At a cafe.
- At the gym.
5 Things you can expect from me as your Physiotherapist:
- Evidence-based and authentic care.
- Treatment tailored to you as an individual.
- Footy chat.
Pat’s experiences include:
- Woodside FC head physiotherapist (North Gippsland Football League).
- Sports trainer at Oakleigh Cannons FC (NPL).
- Implementing La Trobe University’s Prep2Play project, aiming to prevent injury in local women’s football.
Pat’s qualifications include:
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy (Honours).
- ASCA Level 1 Strength & Conditioning.
- Dry needling.