Josh holds a Masters of Physiotherapy Practice and ASCA Level 1 Strength and Conditioning. He enjoys treating and rehabilitating a wide variety of injuries however has a special interest in the treatment and rehabilitation of hamstring, knee, hip/groin and lower limb tendon injuries.
Josh is keenly focused on identifying the possible mechanisms and causes behind pain and injuries. He then utilizes a wide array of treatment techniques including dry needling, massage and mobilisation. Complemented with a structured exercise rehabilitation plan to ensure the cause of the problem is resolved.
Josh has gained experience working both amateur and professional athletes with his time as a physiotherapist at Werribee Football Club (VFL), Sports Trainer at Western Bulldogs Football Club (AFL/VFL) and University Blues Football Club (VAFA) as a Rehabilitation Assistant.
Josh is interested in working with athletes from a wide array of sports and draws on his personal experience as a competitive cricketer and swim coach.
Best things about my job:
- Helping people get back doing what they love, whether it’s an elite sports person or the weekend warrior
- The everyday problem-solving approach to identifying the mechanisms and contributing factors behind injuries
- Meeting and working with different people
Where you’ll find me on a Sunday:
- Staying active on my bike or at the gym
- At the footy
5 Things you can expect from me as your Physiotherapist:
- Evidence-based practice
- Active listener
- Personalised approach
Joshua’s experiences include:
- Werribee Football Club (VFL) Physiotherapist
- Western Bulldogs FC (AFL/VFL) Sports Trainer
- University Blues (VAFA) Rehabilitation Assistant/Sports Trainer
Joshua’s qualifications include:
- Master’s of Physiotherapy Practice – LaTrobe University
- Australian Strength and Conditioning Level 1
Competitive Strokes Coach- AUSTSWIM
- Sports Level 1
- Dry Needling